Saturday, February 11, 2017

Scholarly Book Review Proposal

  1. Wilder, Laura I. Little House in the Big Woods. 2nd ed., vol. 1, New York, Harper Collins Publishers Inc., 1953, pp. 1-238, 5 vols.

  1. I chose this particular book because I remember my mom reading us the entire Little House on the Prairie series while tucking us into bed when I was small. It has been long enough to where I don't recall the story line but I do remember that they are fantastic books, especially for children. I love Wilder's simplistic, yet deep writing that really helps the reader visualize the story.

  1. I believe that reading Little House in the Big woods will add to my understanding of literature and agriculture. These books are classic American novels that are simple, yet beautifully written. In terms of better understanding agriculture, I think this is a perfect book for this because it focuses on some of the first farmers of the early 1800's and how they battled blizzards, droughts, and fires to maintain they farms across the woods and prairies. I think this book is a perfect example of individuals who used farming to become self-sufficient and survive. 


Image result for little house in the big woods




No comments:

Post a Comment